CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
In compliance with the requirements of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014, the Company is, inter alia, required to:
(i) Constitute a Board Committee to formulate and recommend to the Board a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy, recommend the amount of CSR expenditure and monitor the CSR activities of the Company from time to time.
(ii) Ensure that the Company spends, in every financial year, at least two per cent of the average Net Profits Before Tax (PBT) of the Company, made during the three immediately preceding financial years, in pursuance of its CSR Policy.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY COMMITTEE –
The Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (“CSR Committee”) shall consist of all the at least two Directors and such other persons as the Board may decide from time to time. The first Members of the CSR Committee shall be:
- Mr. Atanu Dutta, Managing Director
- Mr. Subhamoy Dutta, Director
ROLE OF CSR COMMITTEE:
- To formulate and recommend to the Board, a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act 2013 (as amended from time to time).
- To recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the activities in a financial year.
- To monitor the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy of the Company from time to time.
CSR FOCUS AREAS
The Company shall focus the CSR activities around following thrust areas:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water.
- Vocational Training programmes to enhance the employability skills of the beneficiaries.
- Promoting education, including special education and employment, especially among children, women, elderly and the differently-abled and livelihood enhancement projects.
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Para-Olympic sports and Olympic sports.
- Contribution to the Prime Minister‟s National Relief Fund.
- Rural Development Projects.
All Provisions of this CSR Policy shall be subject to revision/ amendment in accordance with the Act and Rules of the Companies Act, 2013 ad Guidelines on the subject as may be issued by the Government of India, from time to time.
The Company reserves the right to modify, cancel, add, or amend this Policy in order to adopt the best practices in the Industry and in the interest of the stakeholders of the Company.